Thursday 18 April 2013

£30 reward - yipee!

Thank you to Ilona at Life after money for the hint about the £30 on Moneysupermarket. Him Outside is well pleased as the £30 has gone into Paypal which is used mainly by him for bits and pieces for the smallholding !
If you read my list of 30 ways to save £1, you will notice several typing errors and spelling mistakes, my excuse is that I did the list in a rush and didn't proof read. Very embarrassing as I did my RSA 1  typing in about 1977 and I ought to remember, then I did proof reading as part of a City and Guild Library Assistants course in about 1979 -what a long time ago, in a different world.
Not a lot of gardening done today as it was too cold and windy, so I had a really good tidy up in my craft room/ office/spare room and made a space to spread out the paperwork for my tax return. Luckily the campsite never earns enough to pay any tax and is quite straight forward to do. I like to get it done quickly in case I forget and there are fines involved if it isn't done by October on paper returns.
I was playing in blog land and came across a couple of frugal type blogs by blokes which I thought would be interesting to have a look at for a different perspective on things. Then I found a blog done by a lady called Shirley Goode who wrote several books about living on less - especially cooking- back in the early 1980's. She also appeared on TV doing cooking. It was a surprise to find that she had her 80th birthday on the same day as my 58th.
My only frugal tip for today is if you need to make 6 sausages feed 4 people without looking mean, then twist them in the middle gently squeezing the meat, cut through to make 12 mini sausages and put into a Yorkshire pudding. Then you can dish up 3 half sausages each and it is plenty for even husbands and hungry 25 year olds.

MOVED

The blog here has now finished please add my new blog to your list instead                               You will find it here at    ...