Saturday 3 August 2013

Happy Saturday!

Oh it is nice to have Him Outside home again. He has had a wander around the garden a couple of times and lots of rests. The tablets that he had to take for 8 days  to drastically lower pulse rate and blood pressure will take a while to get out of the system. Then it's 6 weeks or so of  pottering about here before another trip to Papworth after which he will be a new man! As my friend said " did you want a new man?" :-)
It's been a lovely day here today with a strong breeze keeping temperatures down to a comfortable level and a good rain during the night has watered all the outside stuff - saving me a job later.
Yesterday I said we had had a cancellation for the campsite  this weekend and today someone rang asking for a space for 3 nights so that worked out well.
My return to the world of village show competition was nice. I entered 15 classes, veg.,cookeryand crafts and came home with two firsts,six seconds and one third. Grand total of £6.70 won, less the £3 fees ( 20p  each class entered) less going up and down to Knodishall so maybe a profit of £1? But people don't enter shows for the prize money, it's to see these little stickers on the cards. I was most pleased with my 2nd for a jar of gooseberry jam. I had just enough fruit from our one red gooseberry bush to make a pound of jam and mine was the only red gooseberry. I've never won a prize in the jam classes before. Also got a second for pumpkin and pepper chutney. Firsts were for cucumbers and eggs. My poem came 2nd. Someone had come up with the idea of a poem with each line starting with the letters KNODISHALL. Very clever- why didn't I think of that!
I found a couple of books on the Church Secondhand book stall so all in all a very Happy Saturday!


Tomorrow I really will get around to doing the Review of the Month for July.

MOVED

The blog here has now finished please add my new blog to your list instead                               You will find it here at    ...