Friday 29 November 2013

30 Ways to Save £1 --Day 29 + Library Book Photo

Number 29 of the 30 Ways to save £1 was
29. Chutney is easy to make, the ingredients can be cheap and men like jars of chutney for Christmas presents.

That's what several men in the family will be getting this year - again! I hope they like them, I never hear one way or the other, so if they don't - TOUGH

 It has often worried me that people don't like what I've given them ( I'm not talking about the 3 children and their partners but sisters and brothers in law, nephews and niece) so that I've ended up spending more than I ought to.
Then it's worried me again that they have spent money on things that we don't use or already have. I end up spending so much time worried that I dread opening gifts!
I shall try not to be so silly this year- there is just no point in worrying about these small things.
What I should do is to leave all the gift buying and giving to Him Outside, then no-one would get anything and that would be an end to it all!

Today was the last visit of the library van before Christmas, so I'm glad that some interesting books that I'd ordered had arrived. Two fiction books that I know I will like, 1 new author, a couple of cookery books to look through and a few non-fiction that might be readable.


Him Outside was out re-roofing a garden shed for a customer this morning, luckily he finished before we had some rain at midday. Much windier too but at least that has got rid of the nasty grey misty stuff that's been sitting over us for the last few days.

Right, now I'm going to put my feet up and have a look through the library books.
A quiet Friday afternoon - just what I like.



MOVED

The blog here has now finished please add my new blog to your list instead                               You will find it here at    ...