Saturday 8 August 2015

This months library haul

Collected from the library van on Friday were these books
Most are ones I had ordered online, either new books by authors I've enjoyed, books recommended on my Amazon page or ideas from other bloggers. I still have 5 left to read from last month so plenty to get my teeth into if only there were a few more hours in each day.
Once again there are lots of crime fiction including a couple more of the British Library Crime Classics from the 1940s. I'm trying another Stella Gibbons after I enjoyed The Matchmaker last month. Preserves, Pickles & Cures is borrowed just in case it has an idea in it that isn't in my own 6 books about preserving!

Many thanks for all the comments about jam and jam making on my last post. Cro said he had eaten his first fig so I'm keeping a close eye on mine. I've now bottled 3 kilner jars of apricots and put many more in the freezer. One of Cols' customers asked to buy several pounds too. The wasps are really having a field day now on the fruit crops, it's going to be difficult to hang onto plums I fear. We have stood and watched the pests, trying to find where they head to their nest to destroy it but without any luck.

Back next week
Sue

MOVED

The blog here has now finished please add my new blog to your list instead                               You will find it here at    ...